Are we really locked inside the room?
Yes! But you will get out, one way or another. I mean, we want you to come back, right?
How much is it?
Lock & Clue is $28 per person per experience plus a small booking fee.
What is the schedule?
Weekday evenings, and weekend afternoons and evenings. The complete schedule can be found here:
What do we need to bring?
Please take a moment before arriving to sign your waiver. Each member of your group must sign a waiver, so be sure to let your group members know! You cannot enter a room without having it signed. Otherwise, just give your name at the front desk on arrival and be ready to have a great time.
I am new to escape rooms, which room experience is best for me?
If this is your first time or one of your first times doing an escape room, we recommend your starting with our Green Room experience. This is our beginner room --but by beginner we don't mean easy! Trust us. We want you to have a blast and we want you to be challenged. No matter how smart, talented or exceptionally good at puzzles you are, there is only a 40% chance that you will complete the room before the hour is up!
Will other people be in the room with us?
Depending on the game capacity, a total of up to 6-8 people will be admitted to the room at one time. If you purchase fewer than the maximum number of tickets and do not purchase a private room, it is likely that other people will also be in the room with you.
Can I have the room just for my group?
If you wish to have the room for your group of less than the maximum number of participants during one of our regularly-scheduled game times, you must purchase a private room for the date/time you wish to attend. You do not need to have the maximum number of participants, however you do need to purchase the private room if you do not. We can also hold a private event just for your group on days and times when no public events are scheduled, for example on, a weekday afternoon. The cost for this starts at $36 per person with a minimum group of six. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org us with the date and time you’re interested in and we’ll contact you with details.
Can children participate?
Absolutely. However, keep in mind that the games are designed for adults and younger children might find the clues to be too difficult. Recommended for children ages 14 and up. Regardless of age, all participants must have a ticket. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Is this something scary?
The games are designed to be challenging and fun. Most rooms will be not scary at all. “The Cellar” adventure is a slightly more intense experience. If you have any concerns, please let the staff know before entering the room. Lock and Clue Escape Rooms are designed to be an exciting and enjoyable experience.
Are the rooms handicapped accessible?
Please contact us to discuss your accessibility needs. While we may not be able to accommodate everyone, we will make every effort to do so.
Can I bring in my cell phone, other electronics, food or drink?
The use of electronic devices is prohibited and you will be removed from the game without refund, if you are caught. We do provide lockers for you to lock up your items. Drinks or food may also not be brought in to our game establishments.
Are there nearby places to eat, drink or get coffee after Lock & Clue?
Hope Artiste Village has restaurants and a coffee café right on the premises! They even have a retro bowling alley!
Can I bring my baby or pet?
Although we’re sure your baby is exceptionally quiet and well-behaved, we can not allow babies in the rooms as they could interfere with others’ enjoyment of the game. The only exception would be if you’re booking the entire room for you and your friends only, and they’re all aware that you’ll be bringing a baby. Pets of any kind are not permitted in the rooms. If you have a service animal that must accompany you at this event, you must contact us in advance of your scheduled booking. We will make every effort to accommodate you, however your choices of available dates and times may be limited.
Can this be used as a team-building activity?
Absolutely! Problem-solving and communication will help you with the escape room AND in the corporate world. Even better, your colleagues will have a blast while learning how to work better together! You can get even more from this experience by adding a team-building workshop!
What happens if I arrive late?
This is a live-event game experience. Once the game begins at the scheduled time you will not be permitted to join in. You and your group need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time. If your group is late you will be docked time off of the 60 minutes. Allow extra time for parking.
What if I need to cancel?
You have up until 48 hours before your start-time to cancel your booking and either reschedule or accept a refund on your credit card. In order to cancel you MUST call and leave a message at 1-401-484- 0048 or email us at email@example.com . With the 48 hour time frame, you may reschedule your reservation but you will not receive a refund. You must call. No shows within your group are not reschedulelable and non-refundable
Will you close down if it snows?
Any decision to close will be made on a snowstorm by snowstorm basis. Once a decision is made it will be posted on our Facebook page here www.facebook.com/lockandclue and we will call your group in order to reschedule (you don’t need to know when you want to reschedule on that day, all you will need to do is call or email us back when you are ready to pick a date and time). If we do not close and you decide you do not wish to drive in the snow, refer to the question above “Can I cancel my booking?”
Any tips or suggestions?
Yes, here are several:
1. The surest way to escape is by communicating openly with everyone else in the room. Share clues you’ve uncovered. Work together to solve puzzles. If you discover new information, be sure everyone in the room knows about it. If you get stuck for too long, ask for a hint!
2. Follow the rules. Our staff will review the rules of the game with you before you begin, which include:
• There is no need to lift or move heavy objects, or climb on top of furniture.
• Do not use excessive force. The “two-finger rule” is a good guideline.: If you can’t move something with two fingers it isn’t suppose to move. If a key or lock doesn’t open, you have the wrong key or combination.
• Cell phones and other electronic devices must remain off and cannot be used inside the room.
3.This is not a “dress-to-impress” event. Wear comfortable clothes. Do not wear high heels.
4. If you’re planning to consume alcohol as part of your escape experience at Lock & Clue, please plan to do this after the game, not before. You’ll want to have all of your brain cells working at 100% capacity while you’re in the room! PLEASE NOTE: If members of your group appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will not be allowed in the room. This decision will be made at the discretion of our staff and no refunds or exchanges will be permitted. We take this very seriously as it could cause damage to the room, to yourself or others, and adversely affect others enjoyment of the experience.
5. Plan to arrive 15 minutes early. If you arrive late you may not be able to participate. Allow ample time for parking and arriving at our 2nd floor location. There are no refunds or exchanges, so please allow more time than you think you might need. Hope Artiste Village is a massive complex. We’re at the front, but you’ll want to make sure you have time to get there. If you arrive after the door to the room has been locked, you will not be allowed to participate.
6. Use this link https://escaperoommaster.com/waivers/sign/ to sign your waiver before you arrive. You will not be permitted in the room if you do not have a signed waiver.